The Cliff House
San Francisco, CA
The project retains existing 1909 portions of the Cliff House, removes subsequent structures, and adds a new north wing. A primary goal is to maintain the current range of dining experiences and seating capacity, while reducing the building area through increased efficiency. Additional work included constructing a new steel-framed north wing featuring a two-story dinning room with an exhibition style kitchen; developing a new gift shop, a new main entry plaza and lobby; and adding three new viewing terraces.